Friday, February 24, 2012

Snow Day

For me, today is a snow day. It's not like the snow days in school where I'd wake up early to watch the school cancellations announced on the morning news and then I'd sit around the rest of the day watching tv until I felt like venturing outside and going sledding or playing in the snow. Today isn't about relaxation. I actually have a mile-long to do list. It's as exciting as school snow days though simply because I'm at home.

I've never been a homebody, but suddenly I'm turning into one. I like to go places, travel, be out and about. I'm still restless and miss traveling, but not nearly as much as I used to. I sometimes am frustrated at the amount of work it takes to leave the house and go somewhere as simple as the gym. However, lately all I want to do is be at home. This feeling is in thanks to the little person who now inhabits my house and is currently sleeping in my bed while I do work from my laptop in his nursery.

Last night it snowed more than it has all winter so I decided to email my boss and say that I'm working from home today. I know that wouldn't fly at most workplaces, but my job can all be done via laptop and I really have nothing to lose by demanding a little flexibility. So for today, instead of staring at the cube wall next to me, I'm looking at the trees caked with snow and a stuffed duck who's staring back at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment