Friday, February 17, 2012

Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies

Since becoming a mom my baking hobby has taken a backseat to things like playtime, tummy time, and endless loads of laundry. However, I wanted to make an effort to make something for Valentine’s Day. Thanks to Pinterest, I found a perfect treat – red velvet cheesecake brownies. While I am not personally a fan of red velvet anything, I thought that these were too cute not to make. They were a hit with Joe, who unlike me is a red velvet aficionado, and with all of my co-workers. They were also easy to make. As opposed to typing out the recipe here, I’ll just link to the original recipe on The Novice Chef’s blog. I didn’t change anything about her recipe except I did use reduced fat cream cheese instead of the real stuff. While these treats were very cute as red and white hearts, this recipe could easily be adapted for other holidays. For example, substitute the red food coloring for green and use a four leaf clover cookie cutter instead of a heart and you’d have a fun St. Patty’s day dessert.


*Photo Credit: The Novice Chef Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment