Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Tale of Two Cookies

In my opinion, chocolate chip cookie lovers fall into one of two camps. There are those (me included) who like soft, chewy cookies and there are those that prefer crisp cookies with a crunch. Of course, there are tons of variations on chocolate chip cookies, but those are the two general sides. The past two weeks I've tried out two new chocolate chip cookie recipes, one soft and chewy and one crunchy.

The first recipe was advertised as the "BEST-EVER Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies". Now, that statement is a lot to live up to. While these were not the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever had, I have to say that they were pretty darn good and I will definitely be making them again. There was nothing healthy about them, but they were yummy. Check out the Apple A Day blog for the full recipe.

Photo Credit: Apple A Day

In complete contrast to the cookies above, I also made some gluten-free Chocolate Chip/Almond Butter cookies. I had high hopes for these cookies, but they just weren't for me. I liked the flavor and the high protein content, but did not love that they turned out very thin and crunchy. If I was on a gluten-free diet though I think these would satisfy a craving for traditional chocolate chip cookies. If you like crunchy cookies, give these a try.

Photo Credit: NPR

No comments:

Post a Comment