Monday, June 20, 2011

NYC Bucket List

Today is one of those days where I'm less than thrilled with my transient lifestyle. Maybe I'm getting old, or maybe it's because I've now been out of town almost every week for a year straight. I was in St. Louis from June 2010 until January 2011 and then immediately started traveling to NYC from February 2011 until now. I think I've hit a wall and now all I want to do is be at home during the week and stop missing out on weeknight activities. I felt this way in early 2007 when I was working in Chicago, living in Connecticut, and visiting Joe every weekend in D.C. At the time my friend Erin called my a "gypsy" since I couldn't even manage to be in one place long enough to schedule doctor or dentist appts. As soon as I stopped traveling and started living and working in D.C. I was immediately restless and wanted to be traveling again. The grass is always greener on the other side...

So to keep myself motivated there are a few things I want to make sure I experience before I stop traveling to NYC. There are probably hundreds of restaurants I'd like to try and places I'd like to visit, but to keep things manageable, here's a short list:



  • dinner at ABC Kitchen - a few of my coworkers and I have reservations for tomorrow night so this will definitely be accomplished

  • walk through Central Park - I've walked through Central Park many, many times on previous NYC vacations, but have yet to visit this summer

  • visit to Bouchon Bakery - I'm a sucker for French desserts, especially macaroons, and I've heard that Bouchon has some of the best macaroons in the city

  • dinner at Social Eatz - while Angelo wasn't my favorite Top Chef contestant, I've heard great things about his new sandwich place and am interested in trying it

  • attend another Broadway or off-Broadway show - my friend and I saw Wicked in April, but I'd like to try and see one more show before leaving

  • attend another show at the Comedy Cellar - my favorite comedy club - another visit from my dad will ensure this gets checked off the list

Any other suggestions of places I should try to eat at or things I should try to experience before leaving NYC?

No comments:

Post a Comment