Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Clothes for Mama and Baby

I have had the hardest time figuring out what to wear now that I have a baby on the way. I am very particular when it comes to clothing and normally really enjoy putting together outfits. However, as my clothing options that fit have become more limited I have started to dread getting dressed in the mornings, especially for work. My biggest issues with the usual maternity clothing stores are that all of the clothes look so cheap! I really wish Lilly Pulitzer and Kate Spade would start maternity lines, but until then, there are only two things saving me from starting to wear yoga pants to work 1) I work in NYC which has infinitely more shopping options than I have in Michigan and 2) I’ve discovered some great online companies (mostly British) that seem to understand that some pregnant women don’t want to wear cheap looking clothes for 9 months.

For future reference for myself and for anyone else who might be looking for more high-quality maternity clothing options, here are my current favorites:













While shopping for my clothes has been less than fun, shopping for baby clothes is the opposite. Now that we know baby M is a BOY (he was very cooperative for that part of the ultrasound so there's no doubt of his gender), I've started making purchases for him instead of just browsing. Yesterday I ordered two outfits from Zulily. For anyone not familiar with Zulily, it's sort of like Rue La La or Gilt Groupe for baby and kids stuff. They have wonderful deals on great brands. I ordered two items from the Kate Quinn Organics line. One is an infant footie outfit and the other is a track suit (both pictured below). I'm very excited for the UPS man to deliver these!




No comments:

Post a Comment