Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wednesday Thoughts

I really need to be better at posting on the weekends! It's tough since I spend Monday-Friday constantly on a computer I tend not to even look at a computer again until Sunday night when it's time to check in for my flight. I will get better though...as soon as I have a weekend when I'm not traveling or moving...hopefully that weekend will come before I'm 30. This week has been incredibly busy so far with unpacking from traveling, packing for the big move, doing work, and visiting family.

For now, here's a few things on my mind this Wednesday:


  • I'm spending 13 days straight at home in Ann Arbor - no work travel, no personal travel - this must be some kind of record.

  • Being home allowed me to attend the Wednesday Farmer's Market this morning where I picked up some first-of-the-season asparagus and some eggs. Made my morning wonderful, but I realize asparagus and eggs might not sound terribly exciting to most people.

  • The University of Michigan added men's and women's lacrosse as varsity sports today! This means Joe will have yet another Michigan team to obsess over. I have to be honest though and say that I'm excited about it too since lacrosse is one of the few sports I'm ok with watching. This also means that Baby M will be given his/her first lacrosse stick at approximately age 2 and pressured to obtain a lacrosse scholarship to U of M. (sort of, but not really kidding here - tuition to U of M is expensive!)

  • Our anniversary weekend in Charleston was wonderful and I'll do a detailed post soon about all the amazing, butter-laden food we ate and all the activities we did to burn off the calories of said food.

  • One highlight of the Charleston trip was my purchase of a cookbook called "Southern Pies: A Gracious Plenty of Pie Recipes, from Lemon Chess to Chocolate Pecan". This book is the accompaniment to the cookbook Joe gave me two years ago for my birthday called "Southern Cakes: Sweet and Irresistible Recipes for Everyday Celebrations". To say I'm excited to start baking some southern pies in an understatement!

No comments:

Post a Comment